Tuesday, January 14, 2020

free post last week yeet TIK TOKKK

Tik Tok, despite being one of my biggest distractions and time wasters, is also a good source of useful advice. From skincare product recommendations from dermatologists to help with college applications from college students and from simple methods to memorizing chemistry to ways to lowering your medical expenses, a variety of educational information pops up on my Tik Tok feed every day. An educational Tik Tok I saw recently, summarized a quick way to build credit score. This TikTok made me really angry. Now, I saved it and I have it memorized, because from what I know a good credit score is important to have when you're an adult, and having a bad score sucks. But then it hit me: I really have no idea was credit even is. What is a credit score? How do you get a good or bad one, and what does it mean to have a good or bad one? I don't think I'm alone in my ignorance about credit scores or other realities of life as an adult in America. I'm pretty sure most of my classmates couldn't tell me how to get a good credit score either. I felt so angry after realizing just how ignorant I was because that ignorance isn't really my fault, right? Sure, I could go online and do a ton of research through websites I don't understand, or... Now, don't think I'm crazy for saying this... Public school could be required to educate students on real life matters, instead of letting them leave high school clueless about what taxes are and how to pay them or what the difference is between a credit and debit card.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree, especially with public schools teaching children about life. More often than not there are many children with unstable homes and families who aren’t around to help them learn about life. Also some families don’t teach children how to pay their taxes or about credit score. I think if this were taught in school it would create not only more self-sufficient adults but also more mentally healthy adults.

    ReplyDelete